Monday, March 7, 2011

Self-Pity

As you may well know, there have been events in my life lately that have been causing me both emotional and mental turmoil...and for good reason. This morning was proving to be especially hard because these "events" had been nagging me in the back of my mind since last night.

I ran into one of my good friends today, who was also having a bad day (oh Monday). She started telling me what was on her mind and what was causing her stress. When I left her I hugged her, and as I was walking away, I said a quick shout out to God for her, mostly because I wanted her to feel better but didn't know that I could do anything that was in my power to do. The moment I said that prayer I was hit with a wave of what was a mixture of rationality, certainty, peace, and...emotion. I said a prayer for HER that had nothing to do with me, and the simple fact of incorporating God into my everyday life and acknowledging that He was here to help made my emotional turmoil disappear. I need to remember that God is not far off and that when we tackle life together, things make more sense.

I don't think it's selfish to cry out to God knowing that it will make you feel better. I think that's what He wants more than anything.

MandyPies

No comments:

Post a Comment