Thursday, May 19, 2011

Summer?

I haven't had time to blog for a very long time, and now that I do, I'm not sure I can conjure up something relevant to say.
The school year has wound to a close and the second half of my life has begun. Once school is out, I generally have to reconfigure my habits and hobbies and stuff. That switch between lives generally requires that I do a complete changeabout and put my school self in the closet for three months, packed away with all the used-up notebooks, ramen noodles, and single bed sheets. It sounds shallow and flighty that I have these two selves that I swap out like a purse to fit the season, but if you think about it, there's a difference between spending most of your time in your room instead of in the library or campus cafe, between having your parents as roommates and living surrounded by teenage girls, and between having everything in walking distance and having nothing in walking distance aside from the barn.
Anyways, I'm ready for something constant. I'm considering finding a job in the St. Cloud area next summer and trying to find living accomodations. As much as I love my family and love coming home, I feel like it's time for me to start de-attaching myself from my pink, polka-dotted bedroom. Even if it was a 13-hour paint job. Barnum might just be getting a little crowded.

No comments:

Post a Comment