Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 25 and Struggling

I caved. I gave in to the luscious, mouth-watering allure of a caramel apple last night.
But to justify my actions, I would have wasted that good apple had I waited five more days.

I also discovered that I hate trying to explain myself to people. I somehow managed to make my month without sugar coincide almost exactly with Lent, and while I have nothing against those who might be honoring the occasion, I'm tired of trying to convince people that I'm doing it just "for fun", especially when so many others are much more sincere about it. I kind of feel like I'm rubbing it in others' faces.

Oh I also had a Girl Scout cookie, but does that even need justification?
Referring back to a conversation I had earlier, "I just want to buy a girl scout so I can have cookies all the time".

No comments:

Post a Comment